Wednesday 8 May 2013

How to Make Peanut Butter Bites, Pops & Cups


I wish I didn't know how to make these.
Hello and happy Tuesday.  I hope [if you had one] you had a fantastic bank holiday weekend.  The weather was good to us and I made the most of some spare time with another bake fest morning, so expect a few examples on the blog this week.  Starting with these little gems.  Peanut butter chocolates.
For me, Reeces peanut butter cups have been an acquired taste.  I remember trying them around middle school time and could not believe anyone would think chocolate and peanut butter were a good combination. Madness.  Obviously, I can now eat them all day, every day - and would, would it not bankrupt me.  Unfortunately, I didn't realise how easy they were to make myself...

What I Used:
100g Sun-Pat Smooth Peanut Butter
50g Icing Sugar
Wiltons Chocolate Candy Melts
[This made 3 cake pops, 3 cups and 14 chocs - all of a generous size]

For the basis, whether making chocolate bites, cups or pops, the ingredients are the same: I use 100g of smooth peanut butter and 50g of icing sugar:
If this is too dense for your taste, add a little more peanut butter at a time until of the consistency you like.  If you want a little crunch to your chocs, either use crunchy peanut butter, or add to taste some brown sugar - it will sweeten it all - but I found, for me, the chocolate added enough sweetness.
Blend the two ingredients together until a thick paste forms that is dry and dough-like [stick with it - it will seem like it's too dry - but it will get there]:

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bites
You should be able to take sections of the past and roll into balls [the heat from your hands will make this easy].  For the chocolate bites, I made balls of around the size of a £1 coin:
Leave to harden in a fridge for around an hour.  Just before removing from the fridge, I melted the chocolate [I also used the melts when making my Cake Pops - they are fantastic as can be re-heated and don't loose their glossy texture] and once melted, removed from the heat, transferring the peanut butter balls quickly to dip in and leave to set on a lined tray:
[You could also roll the dough out and use cookie cutters to make small shapes around the thickness of a £1, leave to set and then cover with chocolate for thinner peanut butter chocolates]

Peanut Butter Bite Pops
To make 'pop' versions, before transferring to the fridge to set, attach a cake pop stick, skewer or cut straw around 1/2 way through the ball and leave to set:
Once removed from the fridge, I  add a little chocolate at the base to secure the pop stick and allow to set before covering by twisting the peanut butter ball in the melted chocolate:
...continue to twist to allow any excess to be removed and then leave to set, standing in a glass:

Peanut Butter Cups
To make the peanut butter cups, start by melting your chocolate and with a teaspoon, 
transfer to line the base of a cupcake case to around 1/2cm , bang on the surface to remove
any air bubbles and leave to set:
You want a similar size of peanut butter 'dough' to the chocolate bites, however; flatten the ball
slightly so that it will sit neatly on top of the base, with room around the edges:
Now cover the remainder of the cupcake case with melted chocolate:
remove any bubbles in the same way and leave to set completely [with Melts, this takes only minutes]:

You wont be able to have just one! x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig