Saturday 6 July 2013

White Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake

Another healthy recipe form the House of The Things I Make.
Tomorrow is Wimbledon final day and the day I knew would happen and is also know as
Andy's Final Day! Whoop whoop.  Come on Murray.  I'll be needing this cheesecake to
distract me from your break points and double faults.  Good job I'm off for a week after, as
I reckon judging by Friday, I'll need it.

What I Used:
Serves 6(ish, more if you don't have eyes bigger than your stomach)
50g white chocolate chips
50g icing sugar
600g of cream cheese
Strawberries
10 digestive biscuits
butter for the base

The main reason for making this cheesecake was to try out my new cake tin.  Seriously.  As you may know, I'm not a sponge-gal, so cheesecake seemed like the best cake to be making with it.  To start, I prepared my base, which is my favourite.  Breaking up the biscuits to smithereens.
Once smashed, I added around 10g of melted butter at a time to help combine the crumbs and form a paste of sorts to line the bottom.  As this was going to be an epic cheesecake, I made quite a thick lining [1 part base, 2 parts cake], but you can judge this for your taste:
 ...pop in the fridge to set whilst preparing the cheese.  I combined 50g of melted white chocolate to 600g of cream cheese until fully combined - I then added a handful of white chocolate drops to the cheese mixture to add a bit of crunch and stirred to combine evenly:
...before adding 50g of icing sugar to thicken it a little and add a little sweetness.
I removed my base form the fridge, which had now set and transferred the cheese mixture on top,
 then leaving to set in the fridge:
Once set, I decorate the top with a little whipped cream around the side and cut up a handful of strawberries for the top:
I'm away next week and I am definitely not organised enough to have schedules posts or planned
 posts, so I hope you'll come back on the 15th July when I will hopefully have a crochet blanket 
update for you and a nail polish-related post that also involves plastic animal figures.  
Hope to see you then - have a great week!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig