Saturday 19 April 2014

How to Make Rocky Road Easter Nests

 Sometimes, you cannot beat the classics and for Easter, this means chocolate cereal nests to me.
If you can't decide between fillings, decorations, cornflake or shredded wheat nests, join me in making it all in one easy tray [no-]bake.

What I Used:
6 Shredded Wheat
1 Tray [the tray I was using for my bake] full of cornflakes
300 g chocolate
1 pack Mini Eggs
1 pack of mini marshmallows
1 pack of chocolate eggs
1 pack of Malteasers bunnies

I'm pretty sure you know the drill, so I'll let the photos do the talking, but in short, I melted all the chocolate and added it to two separate bowls: one with the Shredded Wheat in, one with everything else [cornflakes, chocolate, marshmallows, maltesters] and gave both bowls a good stir to coat everything in the chocolate:
I transferred the cornflake mixture in to a deep tray and then took spoonfuls of the Shredded Wheat mixture and placed them on top as the nests:
Using the back of the spoon to shape the nests, I then added mini eggs to finish:
Leave the whole thing to set, or pop in the fridge to quicken the process before cutting in to generous portions.  Easter complete!
Hope you are having a great weekend.
see you next time x
Share:

1 comment

  1. These look like little bits of heaven :) and not just for Easter!!

    Alison At Home!

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig