Wednesday 14 January 2015

How to Make Decorative Tape


It was really only a matter of time before I posted about something like this - it will be even less of a surprise to you that the materials involved are glitter and sequins.  If there is one thing I can do, it's find an excuse to get the glitter involved.  Some way, some how.  Lets make our own tape.

I will be honest - this solution came as a result of no washi tape, but it's a really easy way to personalise and dress up your gift wrapping [and I found much more secure for fastening stubborn wrapping paper that sometimes likes to reject the washi].

What I Used:
Double-sided tape
Loose glitter
Sequins
  The process really couldn't be simpler and I wont bore you with too many words, so here are many photos to illustrate.  Simply cut the tape to the measurement you require and cover the sticky side with all manner of glitter, sequins, beads, punched shapes, confettii.....remove the backing and you are good to go [if you require any 'fixer' - a spray adhesive will help with minimal glitter/sequin transfer].
Have fun, Go mad:
Use as tape to attach tags, or as decorations in themselves:
Watch out Valentines Day, I'm looking at you next.
see you next time x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig