Sunday 15 January 2017

DIY Fashion | Slogan Jumper

I've attempted a few techniques for personalising jumpers [fabric paint and sequins] but this is by far the easiest and quickest way to customise or update your wardrobe.

| WHAT YOU NEED |
Jumper / Iron-on Letters / Pins / Tape Measure / Iron / Teatowel

| HOW YOU MAKE IT |

This is a really quick and easy make - once you have the slogan and positioning correct.  To do this, start by laying your letters spaced evenly in a line and measure the length.
Mark this on your jumper with pins.  Additionally, mark the centre of the jumper to ensure that your slogan is positioned correctly.
I wanted a slight curve to my slogan, so ensured that my side marks were of equal measure below the centre mark.
Space your letters out, adhesive side down and ensure that you are happy with the positioning.
[I bought my letters from eBay - there's a huge variety of colours, styles and sizes to choose from]

You're now ready to iron in place.  To protect your clothing, cover the letters carefully with a thin piece of material [a tea towel is perfect] and use your iron on a cotton setting [refer to the iron-on letter instructions] and hold and press over the letters for a few seconds at a time and repeat until the letters adhere to your fabric.
...and you are done! A fully customised item for your wardrobe, created in minutes.
Share:

1 comment

  1. love this! Thank you so much for such inspiration. I toodled off to Primark, and my favourite haberdashers last week to buy what I needed, and have just completed my top. So pleased! Blogging about it right now! x

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig