Tuesday 19 March 2013

Mini Spring Pastel Meringue Treats


When I was younger, I had a habit of buying iced-gems, biting the tops off and leaving the biscuit.  This is me making just the iced-gem tops, sort of.  After finding meringues much easier to make than I ever thought, I use almost any excuse to whip some up.  I also wanted to experiment a little more with colouring [after my macaron attempts were very trial and error] and flavouring - and these brought a bit of Spring to a gloomy Saturday.


I used exactly the same quantities and method as my previous mini meringue post [so I wont bore you with a repeat of the method], dividing the quantities in to three and adding a few drops of colouring and flavouring to the mixture before piping in tiny gems.

What I Used:
2 Egg Whites
100g Golden Caster Sugar

Yum.
I bought these ikea mini spice jars, as filling these with the little gems look very pretty - add a bow and tag and they are the perfect alternatives to chocolate for Easter or great foodie mini gifts/favours:

Don't forget the giveaway running this week until Sunday - enter here.

...and you can follow me on Pintrest:
  Follow Me on Pinterest

 and Twitter!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig