Friday 3 May 2013

How to Make Easy Puff Pastry Cheese Straws

Yum!

One of my favourite things when moving is that everyone comes to you to visit.  I really love having people over and entertaining [I use this term very loosely - this really means offering tea, coffee and chocolate digestives].  But there are only so many treats and sweet tea that you can have, so with a roll of pastry needing using, I baked some easy peasy cheese puffs to offer around and they couldn't be easier - perfect as appetisers and for savoury fans.

Roll out a sheet of puff pastry and grate a generous helping of cheese:
I finely grated my cheese and I am a 'margherita with extra cheese and cheese stuffed crust with 
cheese dipping sauce please', so I was very generous with my helping.
Spread the cheese over half of the pastry sheet, fairly evenly:
..then fold the pastry sheet in half:

With a sharp knife, cut your sheet into strips - I cut some thick strips, thin ones and small ones...

 ...and then went all crazy and twisted some of them:
 Pop in the oven for around 30 minutes at 220 degrees C until golden:
 Yum.  So simple, easy and you can just let the oven do most of the hard work whilst you get on
 with making the teas and finding substitute mugs to serve them all in!
 I also have a tried, tested and very much loved cheese straw recipe that involves making your own easy pastry that I will share when I find the rolling pin!
See you tomorrow x
Share:

2 comments

  1. These look amazing! Yum Yum Yum! Anything with cheese is my friend. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy yummy! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig